Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Speaks Barrels/Doctor, My Eyes

From my dear friend Sally Henny Penny,  this Bill Day cartoon speaks barrels of longing:



And a reminder of the number of rigs in the Gulf:



I find myself wondering lately whether it is better to keep recalling the sorrow of the spill or to do my best to think about it less frequently.  I sometimes feel guilty for having briefly forgotten it; the folks who live along the Gulf don't have that luxury.  On the other hand, do I run the risk of so depressing myself with the news these days that, like my friend Capt. Fogg who lives in Florida, I consider sailing away from this troubled country?

Will I be of the most use when I force myself to keep the Gulf in view?  And, if I can't go there to clean the beaches and volunteer right now, how can I be of use?

Jackson Browne - Doctor My Eyes
Found at abmp3 search engine

How do you answer these questions for yourself?

1 comment:

  1. Very impressive (depressive?) off-shore oil site map. The fact that I had no idea of the extent of these wells reminds me that I need to pay more attention to those who are 'serving' me. 'Great wake up America post.

    ReplyDelete

By all means!