Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Blog Friend Wounded In Tucson

Click on image to send Ashleigh Burroughs your wishes for her recovery

This will be rambling and won't make good sense. I put out inquiries yesterday via email, Facebook, and a note on her blog to learn if my blog friend, Ashleigh Burroughs of The Burrow, had attended the Congress On Your Corner gathering in Tucson yesterday. She's a fan of Gabrielle Giffords. I believed the Safeway was in her neighborhood. I just knew she'd be there.

I received one response to my question in the comments on her blog:
"Anonymous said...
Serious note to Ashley Burroughs fan from her brother. A/B is hospitalized after getting hit with 3 bullets in Tucson shooting. Little Cutter says she is lucky, the bullets missed organs, but shattered a hip. Surgery scheduled for Wednesday after some recovery. She is alert, cracking jokes, scared, but doctors say she will be fine."
Ashleigh's daughter has since posted an update at The Burrow. A/B, as she signs her comments, had just reached the front of the line to shake Giffords' hand when the shooting began. She was shot in the chest, the abdomen, and the hip.

A/B has been my most loyal follower at my home blog, Mature Landscaping, and I have often wished she would make up some Southern roots so she could join us here at Hen's Teeth.

All of you please click on that link above to The Burrow and send your good wishes. I know full well that, as soon as someone brings her a laptop, we'll be hearing from her ourselves.

Be well, A/B. Be strong. Be loved.

4 comments:

  1. I'm amazed that your intuition! This tragedy has far-reaching fingers, doesn't it. I think of the school children who will see an empty desk tomorrow because their classmate went to the supermarket with a neighbor... of the losses suffered by families now changed forever because a miserable soul set out to do harm to people he didn't even know.

    Prayers and heartfelt wishes to Ashleigh, to Rep. Gifford, and all affected by this massacre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's horrible! I hope that your friend, as well as all those wounded in yesterday's shooting, recovery smoothly. I also hope that Loughner receives justice for the horrible things he's done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the pits. I'm so sorry your bloggy friend was a victim, and I hope she makes a full recovery. I will go leave best wishes on her blog. :(((

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should give them our prayers. Incidents like this is really surprising at times.

    ReplyDelete

By all means!