Sunday, February 13, 2011

Whad'joo Expect On Sunday?

(Or, Chicken Soup For The Cold)




Dearest Chicks,

In San Diego for a couple of weeks to visit the Supreme High and Exalted Grandson and his adorable acolytes. Palm trees out my window and 69 degrees yesterday. My flight over the southern half of the US on Friday looked a lot more snow-covered than not, which means there are an above-average number of Americans who are eating their hearts out over my last sentence. What's happened to the South?!



As I am no spring chicken, I am still jet-lagged after two whole days and a desperate arrival night search for an affordable hotel that doesn't come with a side of bedbugs. The fabulous CheepRooms deal I'd snagged  and reserved turned out to be scarier than the hen house at the next farm over.

This one got a Four-Bedbug rating!

There was absolutely no option under the the highest limit of my price range, so I just had to give in to latent urges for a decent fortnight's sleep. I'm resigned to paying for this trip for the next six months.


On that penurious note, I'm feeling cheap about absolutely everything. Including writing and posting. Very few ideas are popping into my little feathered head, but I couldn't let the vacuum in communications go on, so you'll get spontaneity, which means whatever I'm able to scratch up and all my love. Let's see...the categories are Chickens, The South.., um, chickens are, like, um birds...hmmm.

Is that the universal sign of disrespect from our Fed chairman?!
No, no...that's not right. Let's try that again. Chicken...Southern...

Keep the gubmint out of my stomach!
Sqwaaaauuuk! That's offensive in this setting on so many levels, I can't even believe it occurred to me.

I think I left a critical term out of what currently passes as my thought processes: Liberal.

Help me, hons!

Love,
Loulou

10 comments:

  1. I was supposed to be in San Diego in early December, but the trip was cancelled (for me anyway!). It sounds lovely, although the weather here in NW Florida has been beautiful today. I was in the yard, in a T-shirt and pants and SWEATED. Perfection!

    Enjoy that baby. Don't worry about the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun in San Diego, and don't let the bedbugs bite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're there now? AWK! I had it backwards... thought you were coming home this weekend.

    Enjoy that cute little chap!

    Hey... it's going to be 70 here by the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That breaded and fried chicken topped with something creamy looks awfully tasty. I won't tell my hen girls. Have a great time with the grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LLL,
    NW Florida? Now, how come I didn't know you were a Southern Girl? No wonder we all felt so comfortable having you hang out around here!

    How are the motels down your way? I may just keep traveling to warmer climes until Spring gets serious about SC.

    Ahab,
    Do you and I know a nice blogger who lives in the San Diego area?

    Merrily/Sally,
    I know. My peripatetic ways confuse me, too. Glad you found me, though. I was starting to feel lonely.

    Hey, you know that dreadful, unmentionable cure you...um, mentioned in your recent down-home post? What a coincidence; I had that suggested to me not many days ago. I think I'd rather eat the meal pictured above, than do that.

    Knatolee,
    Honey, I'm going to pretend I never heard you say that first part. Shudder.

    Second part's good, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately, I don't know any bloggers in that area. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun LouLou and use lots of bug spray!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LouLou,
    There are nice hotels hereabouts. Actually my brother manages one, in town, not on the beach, but you don't have to pay beach prices.

    I thought you knew I was "American by Birth and Southern by the Grace of God" Born & raised in what we lovingly call LA.. lower Alabama. Which is in reality NW Florida. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LLL,
    Have pity on Loulou; she is old and chicken-witted. But, now that I'm clear on your bona fides, honey, you've got to write guest posts for us!!! Hurray up and finish school so you've got time! In fact, think of joining us here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! Nobody's noticed the FANTASTIC job I did photo-shopping Mr. Bernanke's finger so it looks more disrespectful!

    Let the kudos begin...

    ReplyDelete

By all means!