By Sally Henny Penny
Then there is this guy, who says a lot by the flags he chooses to fly on his boat. That one on the left. What is he trying to tell us?
I'm not psychic, but judging from the size of that boat and the gas it requires, I'd put him down as being for deepwater drilling, shallow water drilling, hydraulic fracturing drilling....anything that will keep the gas flowing. Also for loosening environmental regulations, making the Bush tax cuts permanent, cutting social programs, and sending the Tea Party to Congress. That, of course, in addition to being a racist, anti-Semitic symbol to stir the heart of any Klansman.
Just guessin', you understand. Your thoughts?
I think I'm getting seasick.
Apparently, we have evidence once again that, in the South, ignunce pays. Ptui!
ReplyDelete[P.S. My all-time favorite name for an indecently big boat, as seen at the Bald Head Island Marina:
"Ones And Zeroes"]
Now, now, Loulou. Perhaps this boat is a charter boat and the cap'n merely knows which side of the bread to butter. Give him (and we KNOW it is a HIM) some credit for flying regulation size flags. However, traditionally flags are to signal what country the boat is registered in, or to send messages, or to request customs/immigration to come. The puzzle is what exactly this flag is to communicate--help me, I am stuck in 1863?
ReplyDeleteTo tell you the truth I have not seen as many rebel flags as I used to, maybe minds are a-changing… ? and I live in Newt Gingrich county.
ReplyDeleteI think he's sayin' "The South shall rise again... from the sea, most likely."
ReplyDeleteA month or so after 9/11/01 I was attending my son's football game in a little town about 30 minutes from here and a very large man in a very large, newly created, T-shirt walked into the stands. Understand that we living in Air Brush country, as most tourist areas are. The front of his T-shirt, sporting a very large American flag said, "If this flag can't handle it" and then the Confederate flag on the back, "Then this one will."
ReplyDeleteIt ruined the entire game for me, I was so distracted. I did not (as I probably should have) march down the bleachers and ask him if he knew the South had lost. I was afraid it would get ugly and my son would never speak to me again. Now? He is grown and I refuse to keep quiet!