Well hey there, everybody! My name is Opaline Chook and I've lived in various southern places my whole life... Southern California might be a stretch but I'm claiming it anyways. I've got to peck out my bio and scratch out my first real topic-oriented post, but in the meantime I took this picture a few days ago and I wanted to share. My littlest chick pointed up above the hen house the other day and said "look mamma, eyelashes!" And whaddya know, there they were...
Then he decided it must be a girl sky, because only girls have eyelashes (boys have eyebrows, girls have eyelashes...). I attempted to set him straight about this, but we were in the parking lot and in a hurry to get groceries, so I let it go.
Well, thanks for inviting me to be a part of the brood! I'll be in touch,
Opaline
"the rooster may crow the loudest, but the hen delivers the goods!"
Hello Opaline!
ReplyDeleteI'm confused, though ... I have both eyebrows and eyelashes! What could this mean?
Welcome to you, Opaline, and to all your chick tales, too!
ReplyDeleteEyelashes. I declare, that child is a prodigy. Philosophically advanced. Likely exceptional. Probably cute.
I really, really like your signature line!
Welcome, welcome! I love the things our young'uns come up with. I remember once when my (now) ex was raking leaves, his tortoise-framed glasses jumped off his face and into the pile. He stood there for a moment, blindly trying to see where his eyeware got to, then said "Well I'll be damned." Chicklet, about 4 years old at the time, was standing nearby and said, "I'll be damned, too, daddy." It was too funny...
ReplyDeleteMy dear friend, Opaline... Though late in saying so, do let me tell you I'm SO glad you're here. Love you and am looking forward to your scratching <3.
ReplyDelete