Friday, April 22, 2011

One Special, Hold the Henna, Please

Location, location, location, and this little building in the middle of a big cement island at a busy intersection makes me smile whenever I see it.

YASS! This is, indeed, a strange spot and it sends the imagination into overdrive. I can't help but think of advertising slogans which may apply here.

"Does she or doesn't she? " Maybe it isn't only her hairdresser who knows for sure. That's a pretty darned big window.

Brylcream says "a little dab'll do you" and that good, because there's no room for big dabs.

When women entreat Calgon to "take me away," is this be the location they have in mind?

Suppose making one feel special inside that small building takes some time... is there an inside facility for... um... squeezing the Charmin, should the need arise?



Our ever-sassy hen, Ima June Pullet, wants to know if they have a drive-thru window.

5 comments:

  1. I'm struggling with how a drive-through beauty salon would work. Would you just hang out of the driver-side window while someone at the drive through window shampoos your hair? And how on earth would they do pedicures? :)

    If they do leg waxing, things could get really awkward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I imagine the overhead is very low, in more ways than one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intelliwench stole my comment!

    Personally, I have always been at my most attractive wearing a pull-through cap full of dye and a dab or two on my eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe they meant the sign to say "Y'ASS!" (Like "y'all.") Do you think Brazilian waxes would be on the list of services then?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sort of like the name of the place, You Are So Special, although it does make for an unusual anagram, YASS! Maybe it's that je ne sais quoi that French women have, except southern style, "She has quite a bit of yass in her." I could see getting a drive through manicure but I have my doubts about Brazilian waxes, Ima June.

    ReplyDelete

By all means!